People keep saying that email is dead. Well, here’s the thing. I’m going to give you some stats.
- More than 90% of adults use email.
- Marketers continue to reap the benefits of email marketing to their worldwide audience, with 59% stating that email is their most effective channel for generating income.
- Despite the rise of social messaging apps, still, 74% of teenagers still use email.
- The average deliverability state of an email is 98%. That’s not the open rate or the lead rate., but the deliverability rate is 98%.
- Marketers consistently ranked email as the single most effective tactic for awareness, acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Email is almost 40% better at acquiring new customers than Facebook and Twitter.
- Research puts a return on investment in email marketing better than any other direct marketing channel.
- More than 60% of customers would prefer to be contacted by email.
- 88% of all marketers say email marketing is bringing them a positive return on investment.
I think I rest my case on that. But I’m going to talk about how it’s definitely lost a certain level of its sensitivity, which means you have to deal with email marketing differently because we get so many emails these days.
So, you can get started properly with email. You need a Customer Relationship Management System (CRM).
There are so many of them that you could use and this is not the place to go into the advantages and disadvantages of each. Any CRM, is better than not having one to just take the plunge and get going.
I’m not going to say you should use a specific one but try to use one of the known ones like Infusionsoft, Mail Chimp, AWeber, Drip, Constant Contact.
So if you haven’t got one, go ahead and do that. But don’t beat yourself up if you’re reading this and don’t have one yet, it took me 5 years to get one. We had 6 or 7 clinics before I actually got serious about this stuff.